Job Title: Medical Care Navigator (Bilingual)
We Care Manatee is launching an exciting new program to help uninsured patients navigate the system of care. The new program will be called “Care Connection Manatee.” We Care Manatee is looking for a self-motivated, advocate for the uninsured to assist the Executive Director in the creation of Care Connection Manatee. Once operational, the full time navigator will run Care Connection Manatee under the supervision of the Executive Director.
Success in this role will be:
• The creation of a new navigation program assisting Manatee County’s uninsured population to receive the care they need.
• Successful implementation of a marketing and communications plan to the community about this new program.
• Creation of a system of receiving, triaging, and assisting clients.
• Run the day to day program of Care Connection Manatee which will act as the connection between all Manatee County providers of medical care for uninsured patients.
Job Duties will include:
• One-on-one meetings and phone calls with clients to assist them in getting the care they need.
• Assisting clients with applications for appropriate assistance programs, both governmental and private.
• Being on-site at other local community partners to provide assistance and connect people with the care they need.
• Advocate for clients to get them successfully connected to the resources available.
• Meet with other community providers of medical care to help make the safety net of care in Manatee County run as smoothly as possible.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Knowledge and experience with available local, state, and federal health coverage programs
• Fluent in Spanish (REQUIRED)
• Degree in relevant area such as social work or medical background. Bachelor’s preferred.
• Ability to strongly advocate and think creatively for our clients to get them medical care without insurance.
• Sufficient computer skills to work both remotely “on the ground” at community partner locations and in the office.
• Self-motivated to solve problems independently.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive Pay
• Fully paid health insurance for employee
• Dental insurance
• 401(k) match
• Flexible hours. Some work from home may be allowed.
• The opportunity to be involved in an exciting new program within an established, local nonprofit.